Canada has reached an agreement-in-principle with the United States and Mexico, to modernize and update the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). This is especially important for the middle class and those working hard to join it.
- When enacted, this new agreement will be good for Canadian workers, businesses, and families.
- Today, free and fair trade in North America is in a much more stable place than it was yesterday. Today, we have a path forward.
- The USMCA makes important progress for middle class workers, including those in the Canadian auto sector and cultural industries.
- With the negotiations now behind us, we can move ahead with confidence that the Canadian economy is secure, even as we expand our trade to markets around the world.
- This agreement was made possible by the tireless work of many people, from all walks of life and all political stripes. Our success is the direct result of a true Team Canada approach – led by Minister Freeland – and we thank all Canadians for their support throughout this process.