This week families across the country will start to receive the Canada Child Benefit. Raising a family is hard, rewarding work, and the Canada Child Benefit will make it a little easier for Vancouver families to grow and thrive. We’re working to build an economy that works for the middle class. More support means more opportunities for middle-class Canadians to save, invest, and grow the Canadian economy.
If you are already receiving benefits you will not need to reapply.
What the Canada Child Benefit means for your family:
- Bigger – Nine in 10 families will receive more help with the costs of raising their kids.
- More Money – Up to $6,400 per child under the age of 6.
– Up to $5,400 per child aged 6 through 17.
- Tax Free – families won’t have to pay the taxes on this benefit when they file their tax returns.
- Fair – This plan will lift nearly 300,000 children out of poverty by giving it to families who need it most.
The Child Disability Benefit will provide families an additional amount of up to $2,730 per eligible child to recognize the additional costs of caring for a child with a disability.
I am pleased to be part of a government that recognizes the hard work done by parents and grandparents to raise the next generation of Canadians.
Find out how the Canada Child Benefit will help your family at: http://cra-arc.gc.ca/benefits-calculator